8/02/2011

What. A. Weekend.

I love when a plan comes together. I love when we have company and everything almost everything goes off without a hitch. My sister came to visit us on Sunday and she brought my favorite furry nephew with her:


She got here Sunday and we pretty much did nothing. Ever since Blake decided about 3 weeks ago that he is too cool to take a nap, the hours between 3PM-8PM have been a little stressful in the Porter house (speaking of does anyone have tips on how to get a 3 year old to take a nap??).... Sooooooooo anyway, we brought the boys to Mcdonalds for dinner just so we could get out of the house and then came back and did more nothing. We were doing a lot of nothing in preparation for the next day and our trip to Burlington, or as I like to call it Ashley and Laura's day of fun (you have to sing it like Jan from Friends).
Sunday we got up, brought the boys for a walk, showered, got dressed and were out the door by 1015. I was so ready for a kid free day I skipped to my car in delight. We got coffee and just sat and relaxed for the hour long ferry ride. It was a perfect day. We went to lunch and spent the whole day on Church Street. It was one of those days when I really really wished I was rich (as opposed to most other days when I just really wish I am rich). They have so many awesome stores there. I got a new necklace. I <3 it. Here are some pictures from our day...

                                                      
Me on the ferry ride over. I know I have big ears.. Where do you think Stink gets them from? But I love my new earrings so much it doesnt matter...
My shirt: Abercrombie and Fitch I think.. probably circa 2008
Shorts: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Wal-Mart ($9 don't judge)
Bag: Michael Kors

I love this picture for a few reasons.. Mostly because now I know what Laura would look like if she had a mustache...
Ill be linking up at Momma Go Round again.. Why I cant get her buton to work is beyond me... I'll try to get the button linked up on the side.

Laura on the ferry. All star poser.
Whole outfit from Forever 21 (Im almost positive)
Bag: Coach
Sunglasses: D&G
Watch: Michael Kors
(can you tell she doesnt have kids yet??)

Here we are at lunch... I think it was called Church Street Tavern. I could also be making that up. I love that one psycho eyeball I have going on lol.. Earrings still looking good tho

Us on Church Street. Want to know whats really annoying??? When you ask someone if they will take your picture and instead of just saying "Sure I'll take your picture" they try to be witty but they sound like an idiot and everyone is awkward and uncomfortable... Also why is there a weird lump coming out of my stomach??

Last one.. This is the picture where Laura and I were both trying to put our heads behind the others. Neither of us wanted to be the one in the picture with the big head. She won... But she also has a mustache in our other picture. Even Steven.


 (Meanwhile back in Peru... Stink, Schmoop and Daddy were having there own special day)




Other things that happened during their visit included Blake feeding Bunker almost one whole pound of dog treats when no one was looking and Bunker vomiting in the middle of the night, Laura sleeping while I crafted a flower for her living room pillow, a day at the beach with the amish, lots of stinkandschmoop hugs and kisses. Oh and Mcdonalds 2 days in a row for the boys....... 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you all had a great weekend, other than the dog treat fiasco...Bunker is quite recovered, made a break for it @ Riverfront tonight...I believe he is now grounded...Lol! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the cutest! i love ur lil' names for your boys, and you look amazing and obviously had such a fantastic weekend! jealous!

    xo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, your boys are dolls!!!! And now on to the outfit... CUTE! Forever 21 rocks! Even if I am 26. Shhhhhhh. That silly man who took your pic was obviously flabbergasted at your beauty and just didn't know what to say. ;0) And I love that pic of your friend with the mustache. Does she bleach it? The blonde color is really becoming. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous! Sounds like the perfect day out! Haha! I love how you said don't judge on the walmart glasses. Girlie, you should be so proud! Frugal-ness is an art! ;) Oh & about the 3 yr old nap situation... our almost 3 yr old won't nap BUT we make her do quiet time in her bed from 1-3. EVERY DAY. She usually ends up falling asleep but at least I get a little break. Routine, works pretty well in this situation. :) Good luck girlie! I know it's challenging tho!!

    ♥Jazmin

    ReplyDelete