11/02/2011

A convo with Stink

Blake was burning up tonight before I put him to bed (btw he is in his room, awake, still, doing God knows what). So I brought him in the bathroom and gave him some medicine. This is the conversation that ensued:

Me: lets give you some medicine and hopefully you will feel better in time for school tomorrow.

Blake: But Mom I have a play tomorrow

Me: I don't think you do buddy. Plus you are super warm. You gotta take this medicine.

Blake: I'm supposed to do a play with my friends, if I dont go to school they will come here at my window.

Me: Blake. that is a Caillou episode. Are you pretending to be Caillou?

Blake: No.

He totally was. He took a Caillou episode and applied it to real life. He does this a lot. Like when he was making compost (Curious George) in the bathroom. Or when he pretends to be Andy from Toy Story. Which reminds me as we were walking into Target today he told me that Little Andy from Toy Story doesnt have a Dad. I told him that I thought he did he just didn't make it into the movie.

But what should I have said? Maybe Andy's Dad died. Perhaps he was a dead beat who heard about Little Andy on the way and hit the road. Maybe Andy was adopted. Artificial insimination. I really dont know. Ahhhhhhh.... Where do you think his Dad is? What would you have said??





Potential for Toy Story 4 if you ask me. 


9 comments:

  1. New follower from Tag Along Thursday blog hop! Funny how one parent often seems to be absent in kids movies. I think there's potential there for a future Toy Story movie as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny :-) stopping by from http://www.thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/, love to have you come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Toy Story 4! I never noticed that until you mentioned it. And I love the name of your blog ;)
    Thanks for stopping by the hop!
    Katie
    Punkin Heads and Dooda Loos

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazyness...I hadn't even noticed...I probably would have said what you said he is there just didn't make it into the movie had lots of work to do I guess...
    stopping by from the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by from the Tag Along. I love your blog. It looks like you guys have a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny!!! We've seen that Caillou episode!!! You are hilarious my dear! Glad I found you!

    Found you thru Miss Mommy's blog hop! I’m your newest follower! Hope to see you over at our place :) Have a great day!!

    Kristine
    J&M’s Eye Candy Blog
    J&M’s Eye Candy Shoppe
    J&M’s Eye Candy on Facebook
    J&M’s Eye Candy on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to wonder if maybe they were a military family and the dad was just deployed or something, since they did move that one time but after toy story 3 I have no idea!

    My son always plays out scenes from toy story...except he's woody!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've thought about Andy's dad too. In the first one, it's possible that he had gotten a job and had to move before the family (but then where was he for Christmas?). Hubs and I have discussed this same thing many times!

    I'm a new follower from the Tag-Along blog hop!

    ReplyDelete