12/28/2011

Christmas Recap

..........................................................................................
I was going to go over all three Christmases in separate posts. But now three days later I don't feel like it. I have new years resolutions to make. Sooooo instead lets run down all my favorite things about Christmas this year:

1) The boys
Nothing like watching a 3 year old jump up and down when he realizes that Santa has visited his house. We videotaped it all. The jumping up and down, the excitement over everything. Everything. The thankfulness. Blake said "THANK YOU SANTA!" after almost every present. Logan walked around with a candy cane full of peanut butter cups and opened presents when he felt like it. They wore matching pajamas, took turns opening gifts, were happy about everything. It was perfect.

2) The surprises
Christmas Eve Michael wanted me to open one of my presents. It was the Canon Rebel t2i. He said he was sick of me bitching about my other camera. He's so sweet. I am in love with this camera. I had no idea what I was missing until I took my first pictures. Let me tell you, this camera is honest. I attempted a "myspace pic" of myself and was immediately disgusted. Thank God for Picasa. ew.
Christmas morning I gave Michael a shirt box filled with tissue paper and a wrapped Ipad2. I don't think I have seen him without it since he opened that box. And honestly that is what I wanted. To get him a present I knew he would love without him knowing. Everyone needs a surprise sometimes. Especially since he is always bitching that I am a bad gift giver ( I may have a checkered past when it comes to Michael and gift giving).

3) The friends and family
Christmas Eve with Michael's parents, Christmas morning with all our friends up here, Christmas dinner and a sleepover with my parents, my sister and the dogs. It was just enough. My Mom told me about how on her way up here they stopped at a rest stop or something and a woman got out of her car in  a velvet sleeveless dress with gloves and tall boots. Ummmm not only does that outfit sound awful, but more than that I feel like Christmas is about being comfortable. Jeans, sweats, whatever works.
And of course if you ask Blake "Christmas is about giving and spending time with family" (quote c/o Johnny Test Christmas).

4) The food
Roasts, garlic mashed potatoes, cheesecake, waffles, cinnamon buns, bacon, candy, cookies, ziti, more cheesecake. Oh and my favorite the homemade Texas Roadhouse butter (1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup conf.sugar, 1/2 cup honey, 1 tsp ground cinnamon) Go make it now. Don't eat it with a spoon though. Remember its butter.

5) The presents
 :)

I hope everyone had a great holiday. I had a Christmas hangover Monday and decided last night to take all the decorations down. A detox. Yesterday, the tree got replaced with our new grocery store. Already planning some living room changes. New furniture, new picture wall....

Onto making plans for 2012.

Just a few more pictures from our Christmas celebration...





1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying your camera. I am a huge fan of my Rebel. Anyhow have you checked out www.picnik.com for photo edits?

    ReplyDelete