12/04/2011

Its beginning to look a lot like christmas

I can already tell Christmas is going to be special this year. Blake understood Santa a little last year but this year he is asking questions, reading books, sitting on Santa's lap every chance he gets. When he gets in trouble he wonders out loud if Jeff is going to report his behavior to Santa Claus, when he watches his video from Santa he is seriously mesmerized.
We started the week with Christmas pictures.... Crayons for Lo and glitter Christmas trees for Blakey....



Then the house was decorated...






and the tree was up...



and decorated... Blake took every ornament out of the box and got them ready for me. I almost decorated the tree without him because I didn't want anything getting broken. I am so glad I didn't. He was so excited every time he took an ornament out. His favorites were Superman, wolverine, penguin making hot cocoa and Rudolph.


and we made the first cookies of the season....
Mint chocolate chip....
(sugar cookie mix, egg, stick of butter, Andes bits, green food coloring)





And Jeff is still holding down the fort... barely...



While Christmas shopping today I picked up a Snoopy at Hallmark. He was $10 on sale... and I had a $5 off coupon... He quickly became a fan favorite...


video

and then we decorated the tree in Blake's room. Homemade, colored and glitter stars...



Its going to be a special December for sure...




1 comment:

  1. Ash,

    Your house looks great. As for that message for Santa, I was on the edge of my seat to see if Blakey made the naughty or nice list! What was his reaction?

    ReplyDelete