1/25/2012

What I was doing when I wasn't blogging.... part 1

.........

I read.


You know how they say never judge a book by its cover? Well that is what I totally did with this book. I had heard people talking about how awesome The Hunger Games trilogy is but for the longest time I couldn't get past how boring the cover looks. Oh, a gold bird, I'm bored already.
I was so wrong. These books are so freaking good. I read all three in a week and a half. And it most definitely would have taken me less than half that time if I didn't have diapers to change and children to tend to.

I also know that this book is considered to be young adult. And all I can say to that is... Huh? How? I was at Barnes and Noble with the kids once and am pretty sure I saw what appeared to be a 9 year old reading this book. My first thought was "Shouldn't this kid be reading Cam Jansen?". And then it made me want to read the books even less.

But then I gave in, and let me tell you, I am so glad I did. I LOVE THESE BOOKS. I am not one to read books like these at all but they are so good. And there is going to be a Hunger Games movie in March. And that looks bananas. I CANNOT wait! I have watched the trailer like 20 times. That's not even an exaggeration. I will be standing in line at Wal-Mart waiting to check out and think to myself "Self, lets kill some time and watch The Hunger Games trailer again. and again. and again".
Go IMDB it now. You won't be sorry.

Actually I will do you one better. Here. Your welcome.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go google where I can find a mocking jay pin. stat.

More tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I actually am so interested to read this book. I've heard nothing but amazing things. I want to see the movie too, looks.so.good!

    p.s. move to Albany ... then we can hang out, hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete