2/17/2012

Good Friday

My favorite days are the ones when I sit down once my kids go to bed and feel accomplished.
Today just happened to be one of those days.

Not only because I feel like I was a good mom, but also because I feel like I was a good Ashley.

Of course it wasn't without drama or little disasters. Logan hit his mouth on something in a fit of rage after I removed him from the counter top he was standing on. He got himself so worked up he was down for a nap by 10:15AM. I love that boy but man does he give me a run for my money...


Yes. Little one, I am talking about you.

Blakey spent the morning drawing pictures of our family members with extra long arms. I asked him what each person was doing and wrote it next to his picture. I love 3 year old direct quotes.




I got dressed like a professional and was able to work out of the house for a couple hours. Getting dressed, going to meetings and performing tasks that actually have something to do with what I got a degree in six years ago invigorates me. It reminds me that I do have a career field that I am somewhat knowledgeable in and that I genuinely care about.

I came home, made dinner, cleaned up, did a little work, got the boys ice cream and now I am sitting here watching Restaurant Impossible and blogging. Nice relaxing Friday night.

Weekend plans include... errands, laundry, the usual.



Have a good one!!

1 comment:

  1. Good Friday! I hope you have a great wknd! I have a crap load of laundry to do so I'll be doing that as well!

    ReplyDelete