6/03/2012

"If these blocks aren't picked up in 5 seconds I'm going to lose it.. I am actually going to lose my mind"

Here's the thing.

I don't mind a mess every now and then.

I know kids are messy.

My boys are 2 and 4. It comes with the territory.

Here is what I don't understand.

How I can watch you clean a whole classroom everytime with your friends at school but when I say "Stink can you put all your blocks back in the bin", the selective hearing kicks in. When I say "Seriously dude, I need you to pick up those blocks. You didn't even play with them", you are all of a sudden SO Tired. When I say " If you pick up those blocks I'll give your fruit snacks" and you still don't make ANY effort to even move a limb. So finally I say scream like a lunatic something like "If these blocks aren't picked up in 5 seconds I am going to lose it... I am actually going to lose my mind!!!"

So this morning when I went into the kids rooms and they were both destroyed and we did the usual me begging them to clean up and them ignoring me, I made them go downstairs in their playroom and I took all the toys out of their bedrooms. Sweat dripping down my forehead because I was doing it in a fit of rage... 

Actually all I did was take all the toys that were in their bedrooms and put them downstairs in their toy room. Their bedrooms are nothing but beds dressers and fans now... Which means that instead of me cleaning the same toys 4-5 times a day in their bedrooms, I will continue to clean this room once a week.   



Can you imagine what this is going to look like in a week???

In other news yesterdays list was completed today. 

1. Laundry
2. Clean bathrooms
3. Change Lo's sheet
4. Clean toy room
5. Laundry
6. Eat Spaghetti
7. Start 1st summer book
8. Make Michael a to do list
9. Mop kitchen floor


Hoping for a productive week :)



1 comment:

  1. ha, i love selective hearing.

    and woah momma! talk about productive!

    hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete